Three Days and Three Nights
1. The greatest fact of the Bible is that Jesus of Nazareth is the Son of God (John 20:30-31; Acts 8:36-37; I John 5:4-5).
2. The gospel is the good news that Jesus died, was buried, and rose again, according to the Scriptures (I Cor 15:1-4).
3. Scripture states that Jesus rose THE third day, IN three days, and AFTER three days (Matthew 16:21; 26:61; 27:63).
4. Only three full days – seventy-two full hours – will satisfy all the numerous statements of the New Testament.
5. Jesus gave only one sign to prove He was truly the Son of God – the time He would be dead (Matt 12:38-40; 16:4).
6. Jesus knew there were twelve hours in a day; therefore He prophesied seventy-two hours in a grave (John 11:9-10).
7. Satan is at war against Jesus Christ and wants to deny His gospel by any lies that He can (II Cor 11:3-4; Gal 1:6-8).
8. Easter tradition has Jesus dying on Good Friday afternoon and rising Sunday morning – one day and two nights.
9. Easter tradition denies the gospel and the very sign that Jesus Christ gave of His identity as the Son of God.
10. If He was not in the ground three days and three nights, then He is a liar and not truly the Son of God. God forbid!
11. Rome has perpetrated this fraud on the churches of Jesus Christ. It is time for you to come out of her (Rev 18:4).
12. God the Father is seeking worshippers who will worship Him in spirit and in truth (John 4:23-24; II Tim 4:3-4).
1. Jesus ate the Passover with His disciples on the evening of the fourteenth by Moses' law (Ex 12:6-8; Matt 26:17-20; Mark 14:12-17; Luke 22:7-15).
2. The crucifixion began at 9:00 AM, and Jesus died after the darkness ended at 3:00 PM (Matthew 27:45-50; Mark 15:25,33-37; Luke 23:44-49).
3. Jesus was buried hurriedly as the preparation day ended and the high Sabbath day was about to begin (Mark 15:42; Luke 23:54; John 19:14,31,42).
4. The women who followed Jesus rested the high Sabbath day of the Passover before buying and preparing their spices (Mark 16:1 cp Exodus 12:16).
5. The women bought their spices and prepared them on the regular workday between the two Sabbaths days this week (Mark 16:1 cp Luke 23:55-56).
6. The women rested during the weekly Sabbath day after buying and preparing their spices the previous workday (Luke 23:55-56 cp Exodus 20:10).
7. Jesus rose from the dead as the weekly Sabbath ended – three days and three nights after burial – as prophesied (Matthew 12:39-40; Mark 8:31).
8. While it was still dark, the morning of the first day of the week, the women found the tomb already empty (Matt 28:1-6; Luke 24:1-3; John 20:1).
9. The gospel record of Jesus Christ's death, burial, and resurrection prove His identifying sign of three days and three nights (Matthew 12:39-40).
10. Anyone holding to a Friday crucifixion and/or a Sunday morning resurrection is denying the very sign Jesus gave to prove He was the Son of God.
Rabbits do not lay eggs! Rabbits are an obvious symbol of fertility and reproduction. The egg is also an obvious symbol of fertility and reproduction. The combination of these two symbols is potent and obvious - the reproductive power of nature is being worshipped by making them central to a spring festival. Pagans used both symbols in their spring celebrations long before Jesus Christ.
The Seventh-Day Adventists have made a golden calf out of the Old Testament Sabbath and the seventh day of the week. But what does the Bible say? Did Noah worship on Saturday?Did the apostles and early Christians worship on Saturday? Are Catholics behind Sunday worship? Who is Ellen G. Harmon and why are her writings considered greater than Scripture by Seventh-Day Adventists?